Arí van Twillert is a luxury lingerie and jewelry brand based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
We are loved for our innovative designs and wearable creations,
we use technology to innovate function while playing with form,
storytelling is at the heart of what we do.
We are currently seeking an atelier intern. We create all of our designs in our atelier based in De Wasserij, the new Rotterdam based fashion hub. The atelier is a big open space, so you will see and experience the whole process. In our atelier the custom fit lingerie is created directly by Lidewij and our production team. We perform fittings, design and technical adjustments, pattern making and final garment creation.
Our PR and marketing team is creating and translating the concept into stories, making the campaign, lookbook, and collaborations. We arrange shoots, manage sales, press, and branding all under one roof.
The couture lingerie is handmade in our own atelier. We only use the best materials that we design ourselves or source personally. We have sound ethical values in sustainability, environmental issues, creating equal opportunities and a positive working environment. It is important to us that the right candidate also feels this.
A successful candidate will have an individual face to face meeting, for which we ask you to bring an example of your best work. Next you will be asked to take part in a workshop with our head of production.
- Must have knowledge and experience in pattern making, machine sewing and handwork.
- The internship starts as soon as possible (exact date in consultation).
- The duration of the internship is negotiable.
- You are currently studying MBO level 4, for example ‘mode maatkleding’ or fashion at an art school like AMFI or Willem de Kooning.
- You are able to come to our atelier in Rotterdam.
- Previous industry experience would be an advantage due to working at a high level within the atelier.
- Must have fluent Dutch and and/or English.
This is placement for a student undertaking an accredited work placement
- Students can expect to gain insight into the makings of a couture and ready to wear items from start to finish and working with a variety of materials.
- The internship starts as soon as possible.
- A thesis can be combined in consultation.
- During the internship you will be coached by the founder including monthly support sessions.
- Students will get a hands-on approach with in-depth knowledge within a couture atelier in lingerie.
- Internship can be from 2 to 4 days a week with occasional out of office hours for events and exhibitions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter directly to email@example.com with the subject “Atelier Intern”.